WHAT ARE MEAL ASSISTANCE SERVICES FOR THE ELDERLY?
Older people or people with a certain degree of disability receive food aid. Depending on the needs of the loved one, our caregiver can assist or even help the loved one during feeding.
MEAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE ELDERLY – WHAT ARE THE SERVICES INCLUDED?
In order for your loved one to enjoy a healthy diet, our caregivers will:
– Help the person to prepare the meal and they will make the harder actions for them, respecting the diet recommended by the family or the doctor;
– Support or even help your loved one to eat, depending on their mobility and involvement
– Help the person to drink fluids – for example, our caregivers will help them to consume the recommended amount of fluids during the visit;
– Arrange and clean the dining area, according to the preferences of the person being cared for (throwing away leftovers and used napkins, washing plates, etc.);
– Administer medications/supplements (before, during, or after a meal);